It's important for us at West Market Church to ensure the safety of all the participants in our programs -- children, youth, volunteers, and parents. In order to provide a safe environment the church has adopted Safe Sanctuaries policies to which our employees and volunteers are expected to adhere. Below you will find our policies as well as a video training. In order to volunteer in our children, youth or family ministries, you must do the following:
- Print and complete the Volunteer Application Form, including the portion that authorizes West Market Street UMC to obtain a background check.
- Read the Safe Sanctuaries Policy and the Safe Sanctuaries Virtual Communication Policy. Watch the Safe Sanctuaries Training Video.
- After reading through the policies and watching the video, take the 10-question test at the bottom of the page. If you do not correctly answer 100% of the questions, you must start over. You can take the test numerous times until you answer 100% of the questions correctly. Once you have successfully completed the test by answering 100% of the questions correctly, print your test results.
- Print and complete the Safe Sanctuaries Virtual Communication Policy Ministry Worker Consent Form.
- Submit the following documents (by paper or email) to Ginger Shields, Director of Family Ministries (email@example.com or WMSUMC, attn: Ginger Shields, PO Box 870, Greensboro, NC 27420):
- the completed Volunteer Application Form,
- the test results, and
- the completed Safe Sanctuaries Virtual Communication Policy Ministry Worker Consent Form.