What we're talking about
There’s nothing worse than being in the middle of a conflict with someone close to you. Fighting with a friend, tension with your parents, an argument with your siblings—they all leave
you feeling pretty terrible. Because when you’re in conflict with someone close to you, you’re missing something really valuable in your life—peace. And as difficult as it can be to not be at peace with our families and friends, it’s even more difficult when we aren’t at peace in the most important relationship in our lives— our relationship with God. Peace with God is the one thing that can truly make us happy, but sometimes it feels impossible to find. We struggle to make good choices or we make mistakes, and we worry that because of those things, peace with God isn’t an option anymore. The good news for us is that peace with God is always an option. This week we’re going to take a look at the incredible thing Jesus did to make lasting peace between God and us. He made peace with God something that’s available to all of us, all the time. All we have to do is take hold of it to take a step towards true happiness in our lives.
Questions for Conversation
- What was your happiest moment this past week?
- What do you think it means to have "peace" with other people?
- When we're not "at peace" with someone in our lives, how does it affect our happiness?
- What are some examples of sin? How can those sins kill our happiness?
- What's one thing you can do this week to make peace with God?