RSVP For Our 2017 Youth Summer Mission Trips by December 18
It's time for us to start planning for our 2017 Summer Mission Trips. We need your help to determine how many spots to go ahead and reserve. Fill out the survey by Sunday, December 18 to let us know your interest in our 2017 Summer Mission Trips so we can go ahead and reserve our spots. Here are the projected dates, locations, and costs for our trips:
Middle School Students
(Completed Grades 6-8)
Location: Orlando, FL
Dates: June 25-30, 2017
Possible Work Sites:
- Serve and mentor kids at a summer camp in Bithlo, an extremely economically depressed community--a camp that provides a safe, fun, enriching experience for children.
- Prepare, serve, and clean up after 500 meals at a church's soup kitchen--and straighten, organize, and unload donations at the thrift store run by the same congregation.
- Clean stalls and equipment, and possibly groom horses at a horse therapy center for children and adults with special needs.
- Do yard work or small maintenance projects, and spend time with the elderly in senior housing units at a community-focused ministry.
- Prepare, serve, and clean up after lunch for residents of a rehabilitation center for people who are homeless--and take time to sit, talk, and pray with the residents while they are eating.
High School Students
(Completed Grades 9-12)
Location: Nashville, TN
Dates: July 23-30, 2017
Possible Work Sites:
- Work with lower-income children through an organization that offers tutoring, summer camp, a basketball league, job skills training, and other recreational and cultural activities as a positive alternative to the streets.
- Assist refugees through a ministry that engages churches, other organizations, and individuals to assist immigrants and refugees in the region.
- Serve with a local summer school that works to increase literacy to keep kids off the streets and out of the prisons.
- Help teach rising Kindergartners their basics like ABCs, colors, shapes and work with them on reading in a safe summer environment.
- Spend time with individuals involved in a program that offers structured activities to older adults with cognitive or physical limitations.
- Provide help to seniors that are unable to work on the inside and outside of their homes.
- Package and deliver diapers to families through the Diaper Connection.
Please take a moment to fill out this quick survey, by Sunday, December 18, so we can know approximately how many spots to reserve for our 2017 Summer Mission Trips. We want to go ahead and lock-in our spots before January 1 when a lot of groups will begin reserving their spots.